Friday, October 12, 2012

True Ghost Story: #2 from Carol Anne Hunt

Hey guys I hope everyone is enjoying all of these wonderful ghost stories, I know I sure am. Today I have Carol Anne Hunt with us again with another remarkable story.
This is Carol's blog and her examiner link

I was living in a very old century home which had been built as a one-room place originally, and eventually, over the years, it became a multi-roomed chaotic but cozy home.

There had been incidents which caused me to feel the house was haunted, and reports from other people in the town who had also experienced things here.

One night, in bed, I was awakened by the back door opening and closing – and my dog leaving by that door! I sat up in bed, but then heard someone walking around in the living room. I could hear spoons being rattled in the kitchen sink, cups being lifted and put back down, knocking on tables and walls, as if someone was walking through and studying everything.

I was frozen in bed and could not get up – was it an intruder?

No, the dog did not bark. My German shepherd was very protective and had been professionally trained as a guard dog. She simply exited the back door when it was opened for her. There could not be a person in the house.

I crawled down the hall, keeping low on the floor and peered into the living room from where the noises were emanating. Though I could still hear noises, there was no person. And I could not see anything moving.

I realized it was a paranormal event, and became even more frightened, despite the fact that there seemed to be no danger.

I crawled back to bed, and about 4 a.m. (of course I did NOT go back to sleep, just stayed awake listening to the activity) the door opened, my dog came back in, and the activity stopped. 

After a couple of days, I had my brother stay with me overnight. Around 7:30 in the morning, we were up having tea sitting on the living room couch. Directly across the room from us was a small sunroom, I dubbed the “Plant Room” because with the skylights, it was a perfect setting. It was like a miniature greenhouse.

We were quietly chatting, watching my dog lying by the sliding doors in the Plant Room, and suddenly, the floor vent literally flew to the other side of the room.

The dog raised her head and in turn, looked at the hole in the floor where the vent had been, and where the vent now was. My brother and I looked at each other, askance, and I went over to the vent and picked it up.

“How did that happen?” I asked. “Maybe it was loose in the floor and a gust of the furnace popped it up?”

“That far?” my brother countered.

So I tried it. I popped the vent back into its spot. It was tough; it did not go in easily. Then I tried to pop it back out, just as tough, it was not loose in the floor and a gust of furnace air would not have moved it.

Very strange, but then strange things had been happening in this house.

2 comments:

  1. Great story. I hate it when I think there is a flesh-person in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I am much more fearful of "fleshies" than I am of ghosts. :)

    ReplyDelete